The Cosmopolitan Espresso and Food Emporium has officially opened its doors at the Liverpool Hospital with the goal of offering healthier, seasonal, made-to-order food alternatives.
In addition to the delicious fresh food available, the establishment had a complex challenge – to create an environment which takes patients, visitors and staff away from the usual melancholic atmosphere associated with hospitals.
From day one it was clear there was nothing traditional about this new venue. Miles away from the previous dull hospital food hall setting, the establishment now offers 5 distinctive colourful and vibrant areas to tackle the brief put forward by NSW Health department:
- An “Outdoor Sanctuary” with a café offering sandwiches, pastries and cakes
- A pizza and burgers section
- Asian cuisine section with hot soups and stir-fried offerings
- A gelato and espresso bar with a new relaxing indoor and outdoor area accommodating up to 400 people, private functions and conferences
- An extravagant “Grab & Go” section with fresh salads, juices and cold drinks
Brasserie Bread is excited to supply their artisan products the Outdoor Sanctuary and the burger sections of this new concept.
It has been three weeks since the Cosmopolitan Espresso and Food Emporium opened its doors and management is extremely pleased to report nothing but overwhelmingly positive feedback received from the community about the project.
We have no doubt that The Cosmopolitan Espresso and Food Emporium sets a benchmark for hospital food in Australia. With long operating hours, the precinct is starting to attract locals, including students from the local TAFE, to come through hospital doors to dine at this welcoming and relax environment.